Welcome to St. Gertrude’s Fostering fundamentals for kittens course! All the included lessons have been created in coordination with Best Friends Animal Society, a pet rescue and advocacy organization with the largest no-kill sanctuary in the U.S. We’re excited to support you in this learning journey and prepare you for a safe, fulfilling, and generally awesome time with your foster kittens. This introduction includes everything you’ll need to know about the program. If you have any questions, please post them in the discussion section of this page, or the foster kitten community, and a member of the St. Gertrude & MEOW co. team will respond.
Fostering fundamentals for kittens is a 90-minute course that reviews your responsibilities as a foster parent and provides tips and tricks for you to prepare your foster kittens for their furever home.
- Developing skills and knowledge by reading about tried-and-true fostering strategies presented in St. Gertrude lessons,
- Cementing your new learning through the completion of quizzes, and
- Collaborating with other foster parents in the discussion section of each lesson.
Fostering fundamentals includes five chapters, each covering a central component of your role as a foster:
- Chapter 1: Overview of fostering kittens
- Chapter 2: Caring for your foster kittens
- Chapter 3: Foster moms and kittens
- Chapter 4: Medical and emergency protocols
- Chapter 5: Socializing and instilling good behaviors in kittens
Once you’ve completed a lesson, mark that lesson as complete and continue. Once you’ve completed all chapters and lessons you’ll earn a St. Gertrude foster certificate.